AP Exam Ordering
Assistive Technology Compatible (ATC) Exams for AP
For 2018, an ATC version of the AP Exam will be available for most subjects. This version of the exam is designed to be used with screen readers and other assistive technology. If students are approved by the College Board for this accommodation, AP coordinators can order the exams through the AP Ordering website. Visit SSD Online for more information.
How to order AP Exams
- Visit AP Exam Ordering (make sure you’re using a recommended web browser) and enter the access code that we emailed to you in mid-January.
- Review the exam ordering deadlines to make sure your materials are delivered on time and to avoid late fees.
- Visit Late-Testing Policies for the complete late-testing schedule and for information about late-testing policies.
- Visit Exams Requiring Special Prep if you’re ordering any of these exams: AP French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese and Spanish Language and Culture; AP Spanish Literature and Culture; AP Computer Science Principles; AP Music Theory; AP Studio Art: Drawing, 2-D, and 3-D; and AP Capstone (AP Research and AP Seminar).
Ordering exams for students with disabilities
Special format exam materials are available to order for students with disabilities who have received approval for testing accommodations from the College Board. Accommodations include extended time, braille or large-type exams, and large-block answer sheets.
- The College Board must approve the students’ eligibility forms.
- Schools manage accommodations requests using SSD Online.
- Consult with the SSD coordinator to ensure that you are ordering sufficient master CDs for students needing extended time.
To learn more about administering exams to students with accommodations, refer to the AP Coordinator’s Manual and the AP SSD Guidelines.
Order the correct number of exams: Schools are charged a $15 fee for each unused exam, so make sure you talk with both teachers and students to find out how many exams are needed for each course. For information on changing orders and ordering deadlines, go to AP Ordering Help.
Order exams for the correct course: Nine AP subjects (Computer Science, Economics, English, Government and Politics, History, Physics, Spanish, Calculus, and Studio Art) have more than one exam, so make sure you’re ordering the right one. Go to Subjects with more than one AP Exam to learn more.
Determine if you need extra master CDs: For AP French, German, Italian, and Spanish Language and Culture Exams and the AP Music Theory Exam, some schools administer the speaking or sight-singing parts of the exams in multiple rooms. If you plan to do this, you should order master double CD sets or sight-singing CDs for each testing room. You’ll also need extra master CDs if you have students using accommodations such as extended time that require separate testing rooms.
For more information, go to AP Music Theory or AP French, German, Italian, and Spanish Language and Culture.