Most virtual schools do not order AP Exams directly, so you’ll have to follow a specific set of steps to order exams for students from virtual schools who are testing at your school.
Virtual school students should be included in your student roster in AP Registration and Ordering by March 12. You’ll need to call AP Services for Educators to request that the late order fee be waived for any virtual school student added to your order after November 13.
If your school agrees to order and administer exams to these students:
- Inform the students of your school’s ordering deadline and of any late order fee that may apply.
- Create an exam only section for each exam subject being taken at your school by a virtual school student. See How do I create exam only sections?
- Virtual schools will need to create separate class sections to allow students to access AP Classroom resources.
- Provide the join code for the exam only section to the student, so the student can enroll in the section in My AP. Only the AP coordinator can create and provide the join code for an exam only section. See How do I find the join code for a class section or exam only section?
- Review the student’s information in your exam roster and order the necessary exams.
- Inform students when and where to take exams.
- Plan to collect and submit their exam fees with those from your school.
A student taking an AP course through a virtual school may need to be enrolled in both a class section and an exam only section. For details see How do virtual school students enroll in class sections and exam only sections?
For additional information about exam only and class sections for additional student groups, see How do I order exams for homeschooled students, independent study students, or students from other schools?