You’ll be able to adjust orders for students who transfer to or out of your school without incurring late order fees. The policies for transfer students apply only to students who transfer to or out of your school; these policies don’t apply to students at your school who join or drop an AP class after the November 13 final ordering deadline.
If you’ve already submitted your exam order, you’ll need to submit changes to your order to account for transfer students.
If a Student Transfers Out of Your School:
- Change the student’s status to Transfer Out in AP Registration and Ordering.
- The exam fee associated with that student will be removed from your order.
- Important: You need to change the student to Transfer Out in AP Registration and Ordering for the exam fee to be removed. Do not drop the student from a class section. If you drop the student instead of selecting Transfer Out, the fee associated with the student will remain on your invoice.
If a Student Transfers To Your School:
- You can add the student to your school’s exam order without incurring the late order fee, regardless of when they transfer.
- You’ll need to provide the student with a unique transfer code for each class section and/or exam only section they need to join. Only AP coordinators can access the transfer code.
- Important: The transfer code is different than the join code. You must give students who transfer to your school the transfer code—not the join code—in order for them to properly enroll in a class section and for the late order fee to be waived. (If, for example, you gave the join code for a class section to a student who transfers to your school after November 13, the late order fee would be applied.)
- You can add a student who transfers to your school to your order at any time, though after March 12, 2021, you’ll need to call AP Services for Educators for your exam order to be unlocked so you can make the change.
Please see the AP Coordinator’s Manual, Part 1 for more information about transfer students and how to order their exams in AP Registration and Ordering.
- MON., NOV. 15, 2021, 11:59 PM ET
Final Ordering DeadlineThis is the deadline for the AP coordinator to submit the exam order in AP Registration and Ordering for all full-year and first-semester AP courses, and all exam-only sections.
- TUES., MARCH 15, 2022, 11:59 PM ET
Ordering Deadline for Spring Courses and to Change Fall Exam OrdersThis is the exam ordering deadline for AP courses that begin after November 15—that is, second-semester, trimester, or block schedule courses—as well as the deadline to make changes to fall orders in AP Registration and Ordering.