Register Your School
- Any school that wishes to administer AP Exams, no matter where you are in the world, must follow standard procedure by completing a few simple steps.
- Please review the AP Coordinators section for deadlines, security policies, and procedures for ordering, administering, and paying for exams.
- Keep your school’s AP contacts current — for security purposes, AP can only discuss your school’s AP program administration with the AP contacts indicated through your school’s AP Participation form. If the designated AP coordinator or Alternate AP coordinator changes at your school, please contact AP Services as soon as possible.
Administer the Standardized AP Exam
- AP Exams are administered annually the first two weeks of May. If you test an AP Exam off-schedule, your students’ scores may be subject to cancellation.
- Your school can decide whether to permit students from another school and home-schooled students to take AP Exams at your school. This preference is indicated on your school’s AP Participation form.
Testing in China
Not every school in China is permitted to administer AP Exams, even if authorized to offer AP courses.
- Schools governed by the Chinese Ministry of Ed and that serve Chinese nationals must instruct their students to take AP Exams at designated test centers.
- Students can register directly with the test center only during the open registration period around December/January each year (subject to change—check with each test center.)
Testing at Global Open Test Centers
If your school chooses NOT to administer AP Exams, or if you have AP self-study students who need a place to take their AP Exams, you can direct your students to find an alternate school for testing.
AP has open AP Exam Test Centers in:
Fees, subjects offered, registration deadlines, and additional testing policies may vary at these authorized test centers.
If you are sending students to test at another school or AP test center, you must give your students your school’s six-digit College Board school code so they can report their scores back to your school.
AP Services for Educators
Schools considering adding AP should request a consultation.
For questions about exam orders, shipments, scores, billing, updating AP coordinator and school address/profile:
+1 877-274-6474 (toll free in Canada and the U.S.)